COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light system) – Guidelines for selling a home under ORANGE
This page contains information and what to expect if you're selling a property under the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light system) under ORANGE
- The requirements of the COVID-19 Protection Framework apply by real estate activity (such as, but not limited to, open homes, auctions, private viewings, and inspections). Real estate professionals and businesses may need to operate under different rules depending on the activity they are undertaking or meet the more stringent requirements where activities cannot be separated.
- Real estate agencies are not required to use the My Vaccine Pass verification process for real estate activities but may choose to.
- Generally, real estate operates at the general settings of the traffic light system.
- The rules for events apply to some real estate activities such as auctions/open homes at commercial properties or in a rural paddock. On the other hand, the settings for gatherings apply where the activity occurs at a private dwelling.
- Discuss and confirm with your real estate professional if you consent to unvaccinated people coming into your property as part of the sales process or whether all onsite activities must be subject to My Vaccine Pass verification process.
- The marketing plan you will agree with your real estate professional must take into account your decision on whether to use the My Vaccine Pass process or not. The licensee also needs to have a plan to enable unvaccinated people to participate in the real estate process, subject to your consent as the seller.
- You can view the specific guidelines for real estate agencies here
- We encourage you to view the guidance on Unite against COVID-19 website on Moving, buying and selling your home at Red, Orange, and Green
Below are specific guidelines for real estate activities under ORANGE:
Increasing community transmission of COVID-19 with increasing pressure on health system. Increasing risk to at-risk people.
- Record keeping and scanning strongly encouraged or required at all activities
- Face coverings are mandatory on flights, public transport, in taxis, retail public transport and encouraged in real estate activities. If you are operating under the rules for gatherings, all workers (paid and unpaid) must wear face coverings
- The agency office and your property must display the NZ COVID tracer app QR code and have alternative contact record systems and processes in place
- Agency offices are open to customers and clients, and real estate activities can operate under a My Vaccine Pass required/not required process for customers or clients to gain entry
- If My Vaccine Pass is required, agency offices can open to customers/clients and there are no limits for indoor/outdoor events
- If My Vaccine Pass is not required, agency offices can open to customers/clients but capacity limits based on 1 metre physical distancing applies, and real estate activities operating as events cannot operate gatherings are limited to 50.
- To view the guidelines for real estate agencies under Orange, visit the REA website
Click on the links below to learn more about buying and selling under different traffic light system levels:
Buying a home
Selling a home